Overview of Benefits
Under the corporate philosophy of becoming a truly customer, human, and growth oriented company, Mitsubishi Electric Automation is committed to providing superior solutions and service to its customers, while contributing to the local community and creating a rewarding work environment for its employees. In addition to an opportunity to be associated with leading edge technology and a company known for quality, MEAU offers a number of individual employee benefits. Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc offers a wide range of comprehensible benefits to its employees. We designed our benefit plans so that our employees make choices to fit their lifestyles.
MEAU healthcare includes Medical/Rx/Vision (as a package) and Dental. All locations offer Aetna PPO and VSP(vision) in addition to Aetna Dental. Some locations offer HMO plans. All Aetna plans have on-line resources that are available 24/7 such as Intellihealth, Aetna Navigator and DocFind (provider directories for medical, Rx and dental)
As an employee, you and your family have access to an EAP through Magellan Health, which covers mental health, substance abuse, and financial and legal information.
Flexible Spending Accounts
MEAU offers both Health Care and Dependant Care spending accounts. These FSA’s allow you to lower your taxes and increase your spendable income as long as your expenses are qualified.
MEAU believes that time must be provided to employees annually for rest and relaxation. We also understand that employees need to attend to personal matters as well. For this reason, we offer:
- Vacation (10 days prorated for new hires based on hire date)
- Sick/Personal (6 days for hourly employees, prorated for new hires based on hire date)
- Floater Holidays (3 days, prorated for new hires based on hire date)
- Holidays (10)
- Family Medical Leave
- Personal Leave of Absence
- Marriage Leave
- 401(k) – Mitsubishi US Companies Retirement Plan: We offer a 2% Company Contribution upon eligibility whether you choose to participate in the plan or not. Employees are able to contribute up to 50% of your eligible earnings; we match up to 4% of your contribution (in addition to the company contribution). Employees are always 100% vested.
- Employee Life Insurance –$20,000 minimum coverage plus supplemental coverage up to 5x your pay.
- Dependant Life Insurance –Life insurance coverage on your dependants.
- Short-Term Disability- 55% minimum salary coverage, if elected, while unable to work for 7 or more days due to a non-work related injury or illness.
- Long-Term Disability – 50% minimum salary coverage while unable to work for more than 6 months.
- Travel Accident Insurance – as an employee, you are automatically insured for $250,000 while traveling on behalf of the company.
- Pay Continuation- a 100% salary continuation benefit for exempt employees. Minimum one year of service gives you 2 months of pay if you are unable to work due to a non-work related injury or illness.
- Credit Union Affiliation
- Employee Referral Program
- Service Awards
- Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Recognition Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Global Fit (an Aetna health club program)
- Employee Accommodation Program (provided in conjunction with other Mitsubishi companies)
- Volunteer (VISION) and Activity Committees
- Onsite Cafeteria (Vernon Hills only)
- Business Casual Atmosphere